This program is designed to build communities. We empower our youth, by giving them a foundation through experience and education.
Skill development from former and current professional athletes…
Lifelong relationships with caring, adult professionals…
Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
Hope and opportunity.
Our top priority is to accumulate academic scholarships for our student athletes to build strong character, produce community leaders & productive citizens.
Allow all young people, especially those who need us the most,
the opportunity to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
- ACT & SAT (prep)
- Tutoring program
- Scholarship opportunities through partnering nonprofit organizations & citywide organizations
- Promote scholar on website and seek academic scholarships for BOAC representative
- (Education & career)
- BOAC has implemented the programmatic strategy Reach One, Teach One, designed so that our program, no matter the size or resources, can partner with youth, parents, schools and other community stakeholders: to implement at least one of three approaches: academic enrichment and school engagement; targeted dropout prevention, and intensive intervention and case management. Our aim is to ensure that all BOAC clients graduate from high school on time and ready for a post-secondary education or a 21st-century career.
- Incoming student-athletes in Brand of a Champion are subject to academic initial-eligibility standards, which take into account standardized test scores, number of core courses taken in high school and the grades earned in those core courses. In addition to Our requirements, they also must meet the unique acceptance requirements of the university they plan to attend (those requirements may exceed Brand of a Champion standards).
- Brand of a Champion student-athletes are also subject to progress-toward-diploma or degree rules that require them to advance toward graduation each year.
- Brand of a Champion members must up hold at least a 3.0 or B average.
- Must accumulate 20hrs of philanthropy work each yearly quarter, or 20hrs every 3 months.
- Must participate in the quarterly community service with Brand of a Champion Group.
- Mentoring by community leaders
- Community service
- Have a positive social impact on his or her community
- Build a good social resume for BOAC representative. – Character & Leadership
- Helping youth become responsible, caring citizens and acquire skills for participating in the democratic process is the main thrust of these mentoring programs. They also develop leadership skills and provide opportunities for planning for the future & learn responsible decision-making.